The Cycle Smart Instructors at Bike Windsor Essex come from a variety of backgrounds within the local community. Each instructor is CAN-BIKE certified and ready to help you to further develop your existing cycling skills and knowledge of the rules of the road. In exchange for an open mind and a willingness to learn, our instructors offer their expertise, experience, enthusiasm, and love for cycling.
Depending on their role, all Cycle Smart Instructors must be CAN-BIKE Level 4 or Level 5 Certified. In addition, instructors are required to have up-to-date qualifications such as “First Aid with CPR Level C” and a valid Police Clearance. Please use the following criteria below as a guide to gauge your suitability as a Cycle Smart instructor candidate:
• Experience cycling on multi-use trails and multi-lane roadways
• Experience riding in groups
• Experience in volunteerism and community engagement
• Experience dealing with the general public, as well as students and youth
• Experience in public speaking
• Ability to work collaboratively with Cycle Smart instructors, volunteers, and staff
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with diverse audiences
• Ability to cycle for approximately 20 kilometres
• Ability to commit to one event or around 4 hours per month during the season
• Interpersonal skills
• A sense of humour
If you or someone you know might be interested in instructor and volunteer opportunities within the Cycle Smart program, please contact Stephen Pitman at email@example.com.