03 Jan Employment Opportunity: Wrench-Up Lead Mechanic
This is a part-time, one-year contract position ideal for a highly skilled bicycle mechanic with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We’re a small team, all working part-time, who get an amazing amount of work done. We trust and depend upon each other, and hold personal accountability in high regard. We work collaboratively, yet manage many of our projects independently. We are supported by dedicated volunteers who work with us to help achieve our mission. We’re entrepreneurial and no task is too big or too small. We laugh a lot. Status quoers and nine to fivers need not apply. We’re all committed to the success of Bike Windsor Essex and to transforming Windsor and Essex County into an equitable and safe region for the commuter and recreational cyclist, and to become a world-class cycling destination.
The ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about making Windsor and Essex County a safe, healthy, and vibrant cycling region for all
- possess demonstrated bicycle mechanic skills and certification
- be Can-Bike Instructor-level certified
- possess demonstrated teaching, course development and public presentation skills
- demonstrate compassion/empathy for those who may be living in poverty and/or with disabilities
- possess a demonstrated background and interest in community/city building, transportation, and/or grassroots advocacy
- possess a proven ability to engage with a broad spectrum of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds in an inclusive environment
- possess a strong understanding of social marketing and have experience working with or within not-for-profit organizations
- be a creative problem solver, able to prioritize projects and to manage a budget
- demonstrate professionalism in working with a variety of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds
- be flexible, adaptable and independent, and comfortable both leading and taking direction
- be entrepreneurial
Duties and Responsibilities of the Lead Mechanic:
- responsible for writing curriculum and scheduling classes for our Wrench-Up program courses, and tweaking as required
- responsible for ordering all required fixtures and tools for program delivery, and to advise on needed facility retrofitting, within the program budget
- responsible for sourcing and creating branded tool kits for participants
- participate in information session(s)/consultation(s) with community organizations to respond to questions, receive feedback about program design
- assisting the Program Administrator in recruiting and securing occasional paid and volunteer mechanics; there will be an honorarium offered for classroom teaching
- deliver program evaluations to participants in the program
- work with the Program Administrator to monitor the program and to ensure it meets the stated goals
The successful applicant must be a member of Bike Windsor Essex. Reports to the Program Administrator.
Please submit a letter of interest and a detailed resume by Friday, January 13 (extended) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Wrench-Up Program Lead Mechanic.
Bike Windsor Essex values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration for this contract over twelve months is $10,000.00.