03 Jan Employment Opportunity: Wrench-Up Program Administrator
This is a part-time, one-year contract position ideal for a consultant or freelancer with strong organizational skills, the ability to juggle competing priorities, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We’re a small team, all working part-time, who get an amazing amount of work done. We trust and depend upon each other, and we hold personal accountability in high regard. We work collaboratively, yet manage many of our projects independently. We are supported by dedicated volunteers who work with us to help achieve our mission. We’re entrepreneurial and no task is too big or too small. We laugh a lot. Status quoers and nine to fivers need not apply. We’re all committed to the success of Bike Windsor Essex and to transforming Windsor and Essex County into an equitable and safe region for the commuter and recreational cyclist, and to become a world-class cycling destination.
The ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about making Windsor and Essex County a safe, healthy, and vibrant cycling region for all
- have an interest in or experience in bike mechanics
- demonstrate skills in communications and marketing
- have experience in developing and managing budgets and maximizing limited resources
- demonstrate skills in producing and delivering evidence-based and compelling oral and written presentations
- possess a demonstrated background and interest in community/city building, transportation, and/or grassroots advocacy
- possess a strong understanding of social marketing and have experience working with or within not-for-profit organizations
- be a creative problem solver, highly organized, and able to prioritize projects
- demonstrate professionalism in engaging with a broad spectrum of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds in an inclusive environment
- be flexible, adaptable and independent, and comfortable both leading and taking direction
- be entrepreneurial
Duties and Responsibilities of the Program Administrator:
- responsible for implementing, evaluating and adjusting our Wrench-Up program with the lead mechanic
- coordinate information session(s)/consultation(s) with community organizations to identify program needs
- develop metrics for pre and post program evaluations for participants
- assist the Lead Mechanic in recruiting occasional and volunteer mechanics class instructors; manage the Lead Bike Mechanic and work with them to monitor the program and to ensure it meets the stated goals
- collect and analyze information and data for monthly and a final report
- develop policies, guidelines, standards and reporting systems
The successful applicant must be a member of Bike Windsor Essex. They will report to the Executive Director.
Please submit a letter of interest and a detailed resume by Friday January 13 (extended) to email@example.com with the following subject line: Wrench-Up Program Coordinator
Bike Windsor Essex values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration for this contract over twelve months is $15,000. – $17,500. depending upon skills and experience.