When it comes to bicycles and Windsor, there is a lot going on, with more events to be announced in the future
- May 15 – Walk Run Roll 4 LaSalle: kids 100m walk/run/roll, 5km running race, and a 3km walk/run/roll participation event
- May 29th-30th – Ontario Lung Association BikeTrek: ride 25, 100 or 200km in a charity ride.
- June 7-12th the Windsor Bicycling Committee is organizing Bike to Work week, with a prize draw June 12th at the Downtown Market.
- June 12th – Rediscover Your Bike (details TBA)
- June 12th – Bike Friendly Windsor film screening (details TBA)
- June 13th – Bike the Bridge will be starting at Rivard Plaza in Detroit, then coming across the ambassador bridge to Windsor, where participants will have the option of heading to Hiram Walkers for a presentation on prohibition rumrunning, or a long distance ride instead.
- June 17th-20th – Bike Train: The VIA Rail Bike Train will come from Toronto, and participants will end up riding the GreenWay out to Point Pelee.
- June 26th – Rolling Forward (details TBA)
- July 29th-Aug 2nd – Bike Train: Another weekend of Bike Train. If these events are succesful, the Bike Train may come more often (weekly?) next year.
- Septemeber 3rd-6th – Tour Di Via Italia: A 3 day race weekend, with a new race to be launched in downtown Windsor. (more details TBA)
Cycling in Windsor may be an uphill battle in a flat city, but we have a lot to look forward to!